Meet Dr. Salomon
David Salomon, DDS | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Hamden
Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of Illinois at Chicago (2017)
- Chief Resident, Jesse Brown Veteran’s Administration Hospital
- Chief Resident, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Chief Resident, University of Illinois at Chicago
Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of Illinois at Chicago (2013)
General Practice Residency
Palo Alto Veteran’s Administration Hospital (2012)
Doctorate of Dental Surgery
University of Maryland School of Dentistry (2011)
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society
- Dean’s Award for Community Service
Bachelor of Science, Finance
Syracuse University (2006)
- Cum Laude
- Dean’s List Honors
- Chancellor’s Scholarship
Dr. Salomon is board certified and practices full-scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, including:
- Dentoalveolar surgery (impacted wisdom teeth, bone grafting, dental implants including All-On-Four / Teeth-in-a-Day and Zygomatic implants)
- Adult and pediatric IV (intravenous) sedation / general anesthesia
- Orthognathic and Reconstructive surgery (dentofacial deformities, obstructive sleep apnea)
- Maxillofacial pathology
- Maxillofacial trauma
- TMJ surgery
- Trigeminal microneurosurgery (nerve repair)
Dr. Salomon is on staff at Yale-New Haven Hospital where he serves as faculty for the Yale Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Training Program. There he oversees and teaches residents in both didactic and clinical settings, and is the director of the journal club.
Dr. Salomon has been involved in various research projects, presented at both local and national meetings, as well as authored and reviewed several peer-reviewed publications.
Dr. Salomon was recognized as a “Top Dentist in Connecticut” by Connecticut Magazine in 2019 and 2020.
- Yale – New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Yale – New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, New Haven, CT
- Guilford Surgery Center, Guilford CT
- Salomon D, Heidel RE, Kolokythas A, Miloro M, Schlieve T: Does Restriction of Public Health Care Dental Benefits Affect the Volume, Severity, or Cost of Dental-Related Hospital Visits? J Oral and Maxillofac Surg 75:467-474, Mar 2017.
- Salomon D, Kolokythas A, Miloro M: Outcome of Immediate Allograft Reconstruction of Long Span Defects of the Inferior Alveolar Nerve. J Oral and Maxillofac Surg 74:2507-2514, Dec 2016.
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – Diplomate
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Fellow
- American College Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Connecticut State Dental Association
- New Haven Dental Association – Vice President
- Shoreline Dental Association
- Basic Life Support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Dr. Salomon lives in Fairfield, CT with his lovely wife and son, and their two dogs.