Coastal Connecticut Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
What is All-on-4® treatment concept?
All-on-4® treatment concept is a life-changing, same-day procedure for patients missing all or most of their teeth. This innovative procedure involves attaching a full-arch prosthesis to the jaw with only four dental implants in one surgery, without bone grafting. Utilizing your existing jaw bone, dental implants are placed in strategic positions and angulations to achieve stable and predictable results. A trusted, efficient, and economical alternative to traditional dentures, All-on-4® treatment concept has been successfully performed on thousands of patients for over 20 years.
How is All-on-4® treatment concept different from dentures?
While dentures must be removed for daily cleaning and replaced or regularly adjusted, All-on-4® treatment concept is a fixed prosthesis that is a more durable, permanent solution that ensures patients can eat, smile and laugh naturally without constraint.
Is All-on-4® treatment concept a good option for me?
There are a variety of factors that can indicate whether or not you’re an ideal candidate for this procedure. The All-On-4® treatment concept is intended for those:
- Patients suffering from uncomfortable or painful dentures
- Patients missing most or all of their teeth
- Patients with periodontal or gum disease and/or failing crowns, bridges, and fillings
- Patients with non-functional teeth
- Patients who would otherwise require bone grafting to have dental implants
What is involved in the All-on-4® treatment concept process?
With decades of research and advancement in the latest technology, All-on-4® teeth replacement is a one-day procedure. Working closely with your dentist throughout this process, this minimally invasive dental implant solution involves the extraction of any remaining teeth, the placement of each dental implant, and the placement of a fixed prosthesis (denture) on the implants, all in one surgery. Afterward, you will typically walk out the door with a temporary set of beautiful teeth secured to the implants. We will then periodically meet with you over the next several months to ensure perfect fit and comfort. Dr. Conforti, Dr. Johnson, Dr. Salomon, Dr. Steinbacher or Dr. Saggese will be happy to explain the process further during your visit.
What are All-on-4® treatment concept benefits?
- Natural restoration of teeth that are fixed (not removable)
- Esthetic: A great looking new smile
- Convenience: Teeth in a day
- Comfort: Customized fit
- Full arch restoration
- Immediate function with a fixed provisional restoration without the need for costly and multiple surgeries requiring bone grafting